Holy Rosary Healthcare, as a faith-based, not-for-profit health care organization, is deeply committed to the healing ministry that we have been part of for nearly a century. We strive to reveal God's healing love to all people and embrace a holistic approach to health and healing through a total commitment to mind, body and spirit.
The Spiritual Care department, part of the Mission department of Holy Rosary Healthcare, supports our mission: "To reveal God's healing love by improving the health of the individuals and communities we serve."
Spiritual Care Staff
Our staff consists of the Director of Mission and multiple chaplain associates. Interdenominational, we provide support to people -- patients, guests and staff -- of all faiths.
The Services Provided
Spiritual Care Services provided at Holy Rosary Healthcare include:
Daily visits to patients in the hospital
- Our goal is to see every patient admitted to Holy Rosary Healthcare within the first 24 hours of their admission to inform them of our availability for spiritual support. Follow-up visits are typically made daily.
- Pray with patients if requested
- Initiate contact with local ministers to encourage pastoral visits for all denominations
Provide "On-Call" availability 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week
- A spiritual care staff member is on-call to cover emergency codes and situations in all departments on a 24/7 basis
- We are available for prayer and support to patients and their families prior to surgical procedures
Extended Care Living Community
- Regular visits to ECU residents to provide support and encouragement.
- Team member involved in care conferences for each resident where we offer our support to the individuals and their families.
- Encourage residents to participate in ECU spiritual activities (bible studies & church services) and help them maintain a connection with their local faith community
- A spiritual care staff member is available in the outpatient services department, specifically chemotherapy, to patients during their treatments
- Available to lend support to patients and families as well as staff
- We work with the Hospice staff and chaplain to provide spiritual support to Hospice patients and their families
- Lead daily morning prayer
- Facilitate weekly community prayer services
- Lead Lenten & Advent/Christmas prayer services in lobby
- Facilitate a Christmas "Time of Reflection" for all employees
- Coordinate Blessing of Hands during Spiritual Care Week
- We support and participate in activities and programs sponsored by the Mission Department
For more information regarding Spiritual Care services at Holy Rosary Healthcare, please call 233.2732 or 233.2731.