The occupational therapy department provides coverage to outpatients, inpatients, Home Health Care and Extended Care residents. Services include:
- Hand therapy/treatment of U/E dysfunction
- Wheelchair Assessment
- Specialty splinting
- Training with adaptive equipment to increase functional capabilities
Outpatient hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special appointments are available upon request.
Five physical therapists, a certified athletic trainer and a golf rehabilitation specialist provide services for patients recovering from illness or injury.
Outpatient hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Inpatient and Extended Care hours are Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our physical therapists are available daily from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Speech Language Pathology
Our speech-language pathologists assist patients in the treatment of:
- Adult speech and language disorders, which often result from CVA (stroke), traumatic brain injury or other neurological disorder
- Swallowing impairment (dysphagia), which often results from a neurological event such as CVA (stroke), Parkinson's disease or post-head/neck injury
- Voice disorders resulting in symptoms such as frequent vocal fatigue, loss of voice, hoarseness, reduced vocal intensity and inappropriate pitch
- Accent reduction training for non-native speakers to improve functional communication skills
- Fluency disorders such as stuttering or other behaviors resulting in the interruption of normal speech patterns
To learn more about our rehabilitation services, please call 233-2719.