Holy Rosary Healthcare developed the Lab Check program to help encourage people to seek preventive medicine. The program allows patients to receive blood tests for detecting various illnesses and disorders at a reduced cost. There are many reasons to check on the status of your health, even when you're feeling well.
- Normal test results are important because they help establish your baseline for future comparison and give you an overview about your current health.
- Family history - Screenings can help monitor risks based on your family history.
- Illness prevention - Screenings may expose important information about risk factors that could affect your health. This information can help you and your doctor develop lifestyle changes.
- Early detection - Health screenings can help you identify changes in your health even before symptoms occur. Early detection leads to early intervention and better chances at recovery.
Click here for more information and lab check registration form.
Health screening tests include:
- Automated blood count (for detection of infection, anemia, leukemia and other disorders)
- Cholesterol panel
- Chemistry panel (provides information on overall organ function, including kidney and liver, diabetes and protein levels)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
- TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
- H. Pylori ("stomach ulcer" bacteria)